LivingSims Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:21:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Issue 6 - General Feedback

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue 6 - General Feedback  (Read 3273 times)
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 21, 2008, 04:52:37 pm »

Give us your feedback one issue 6!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 08:38:49 am by macthekat » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Amaranth
Trial Subscriber

Live your life

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 03:29:11 am »

i really loved to read the new issue.
Love the new style of the cover too!
Professional..

The only thing that i saw was.. in the browser you still saw : "issue 5" as text instead of Issue 6.
Not that it's a big problem , but yeah Tongue sorry if im unclear. ^^;
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 03:44:45 am »

it takes forever to fix, so I am not going to - it is only in your program title line... but thanks for telling me
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 03:46:10 am by macthekat » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site
lpvinyl21
Free Lancer

Call me Linda

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 08:20:40 am »

Mac you and the staff did a wonderful wonderful job with this issue! I have to say it is the best so far (and I mean that). The creature feature was such a good idea, and the alternate living was also genius. I really love it, once Jaden takes a nap I am going to read the whole thing and for once I have so many WCIF's  Grin

Writer, photographer
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 08:36:24 am »

We will be happy to help you find them

My blog and my Sims site
sudoku
Free Lancer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 08:40:03 am »

Agai a pleasure to read it and learning new things.
thanks for this wonderful work  OK   OK
juuchan286
New Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 10:42:39 pm »

Thanks for the new issue! I really liked the article about using Maxis furniture. Will that be a regular feature?
sillykatyrae
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 02:32:56 am »

Hello to the Editor(s) and Staff,
I just wanted to say that I think the overall design of the magazine has taken a giant leap forward. I am actually a graphic designer, so I tend to look at the design and layout before actually reading any of the content! I will read it soon, I promise!

But I had to say that the special attention to typography and introduction of a pagination system is noticeable. (For those who don't know what I mean, I am referring to font choices and how each page has a similar element, such as the orange color block that stated that we were looking at the "creature feature" or "How to") These are really important details that tie the entire magazine into a unified piece.

If you had multiple persons helping with all the layouts, you can't tell nearly as much. Each spread has a different personality but now they all look like they were designed with the same design aesthetic. I think prior issues really lacked that, but this issue has really changed for the better.

Although I think there are still some very simple things you can do to make your grid and layout look even more professional looking, I still want to congratulate you all on such a wonderful job! I hope you continue the design in this direction and I look forward to seeing the next issue.

Katie
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 03:24:54 am »

sillykatyrae - Thank you very much. I am a graphic designer my self and so are Sarah who are in charge of the ads - so it means a lot to be to hear that it overall look good from someone like you. We do have many people, at least 6, working on the layouts, so it is challenging to pull it together as one magazine then some of them have no training at all and some not the right fonts and stuff like that. Sarah and I are helping everyone with their layouts and people have come a long way - I am really proud of how are layout look now!

My blog and my Sims site
Dante
Subscriber

Call me Lefteris

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 03:07:59 am »

Great issue as always guys, although it has a bit too many 'supernatural' elements like witches. I guess it's because of the Halloween eh? Smiley

macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 03:24:41 am »

it was Halloween after all...

My blog and my Sims site
lumienkeli
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 05:13:24 am »

I'm big fan of your magazine here from finland!
 I love those articles and wonderful pictures. Issue 6 was awsome but still I was slightly dissapointed 'cause bad graphic of some pics. Previous Issue was full of perfect pics but this time quality was worse.

ps. I love this forum!!
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 06:00:51 am »

lumienkeli - where do you see bad graphics? What pages? I am interested so we can see what we can do about it

My blog and my Sims site
lumienkeli
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 07:57:14 am »

lumienkeli - where do you see bad graphics? What pages? I am interested so we can see what we can do about it

i read the magazine again and maybe this page is my biggest consern http://www.mackat.dk/livingetc/issue6/39page.htm .
and... i dont know what I had in my mind when i was writing my reply 'cause this page is only "bad" pic what i found Smiley
so forget my pointless feedpack. i'm really sorry my fuss !

macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 08:56:02 am »

It is ok - we are happy for any feedback we can get. I think the problem on that page is a bit hard light and some not so awesome meshes

My blog and my Sims site
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: