LivingSims Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:18:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Issue 6 - General Feedback

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue 6 - General Feedback  (Read 3288 times)
sillykatyrae
Reader

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2008, 02:32:56 am »

Hello to the Editor(s) and Staff,
I just wanted to say that I think the overall design of the magazine has taken a giant leap forward. I am actually a graphic designer, so I tend to look at the design and layout before actually reading any of the content! I will read it soon, I promise!

But I had to say that the special attention to typography and introduction of a pagination system is noticeable. (For those who don't know what I mean, I am referring to font choices and how each page has a similar element, such as the orange color block that stated that we were looking at the "creature feature" or "How to") These are really important details that tie the entire magazine into a unified piece.

If you had multiple persons helping with all the layouts, you can't tell nearly as much. Each spread has a different personality but now they all look like they were designed with the same design aesthetic. I think prior issues really lacked that, but this issue has really changed for the better.

Although I think there are still some very simple things you can do to make your grid and layout look even more professional looking, I still want to congratulate you all on such a wonderful job! I hope you continue the design in this direction and I look forward to seeing the next issue.

Katie
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: