LivingSims Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:06:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Proofreading

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proofreading  (Read 399 times)
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 20, 2008, 04:18:42 am »

To become a proofreader on the magazine we have to see that you can find the mistakes in an article. Do the task and post it in your application topic

Task
Proofread the article posted in the next post. Copy the text to your application topic and mark the corrected words with bold

Please remember that proofreading entails paying attention to capitalisation, punctuation, sentence structure and grammar.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 07:20:38 pm by macthekat » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 04:19:02 am »

When the Heath family began looking for a summer home near thier parents, they never expected that high real estate prices of Lizard Bay would keep them from thier dream. During a walk along the shoreline, the family noticed an abadoned victorian home.

"The structure was sound, but it needed lots of care and attention to bring it to it's former glory."

Russel and Nikki were able to buy the house far below market value and they set forth renovating the house in time for the next summer. For months while Thalia and Colby were in school, Russel and Nikki traveled to the coastal community with supplies weighing thier station wagon down in order to work on the home. To save money, they did all the work themselves, expect for the electricity and plumbing which they left to the professionals after thier attempt flooded the lower level. Finally, the family is ready to enjoy thier new summer home.

To guide them, the couple consulted magazines and internet searches for inspiration. They kept the original victorian charm of the home, but infused some contemporary details to avoid it looking like a funeral parlor. The bright whites and blues blend in nicely with the coastal community while a mix of vintage and modern furnishings remind them of thier loft in the city. Most of the furnishings were brought from local vendors or found in estate sales.

Russel's favorite part of the house is the large open kitchen and breakfast nook.  Bright white and oak counters along with plenty of windows keep the kitchen from feeling dark while appliances brought from a resturaunt make cooking very efficient.

"The nook has these large windows that Nikki found at a flea market. On clear days, you can see the sea while enjoying a cup of coffee and a bagel. The kitchen is my domain, Nikki helped with the color combination, however I made sure to get industry standard appliances and plenty of storage space. I love standing in there preparing fresh fish while keeping an eye on the children playing in the yard."

Nikki is often found in her favorite spot in the house, the informal living room. In fact, with its rust tones and bright oranges, this room seems a bit out of place with the blues and whites of the rest of the house. However, this was done intentionally.

"I am a military brat and was spent many of my childhood years in various spanish communities. This room reminds me of that time and it allows me to escape from the rest of the family with my crossword puzzles or financial journals."

The children were able to decorate thier own rooms, Thalia chosing bright pinks and greens that all tweens seem to perfer, while Colby stuck with his favorite color blue. The pair can often be found outside with neighborhood friends either playing on the swing set, climbing trees or throwing rocks off the edge of the cliff into the ocean.

This family is evidence that you don't always need an interior designer to make good design and it's guaranteed that they will be enjoying thier investment for years to come.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: