LivingSims Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:26:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Ask the magazine! (Advice Column)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask the magazine! (Advice Column)  (Read 2354 times)
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2008, 12:33:11 am »

If you have a question for the magazine please ask it here and we will do our best to answer it in the next issue
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

EarthGoddess
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 05:32:22 pm »

This isn't really a question but I think advice columns are wildly entertaining. Grin

Something along the lines of...

"Dear Mac,

I have been trying to steal my man's wallet heart for several months but he just doesn't seem receptive to my charms. In fact, I have seen him running around town with several single Sims over the months. When I confronted him about his behavior, he said "What do you expect from a Romance Sim, babe?" and shrugged it off! How do I coerce get him into a committed relationship (I'm talking diamond ring, Mac!) and a shared bank account? Help!

Sincerely,
Desperately Broke in Pleasantview"

Followed up with tips on how to successfully navigate Sim relationships. ie. Which sims are most compatible, which social interactions will get the desired result, etc.
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 05:44:43 pm »

Oh I think haven't been quite clear again... this is of course a interior/exterior decorating column - though the other kind of thing could be really fun. I just don't think we got any staffers who could answer this kind of thing

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site
EarthGoddess
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 12:31:13 pm »

I see! Well a decorating column is just as nice. Maybe some day a staffer will come along to do something like this Grin
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 12:22:07 pm »

We kind of need some questions to answer to make a column Wink

My blog and my Sims site
lanendragon
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 01:52:49 am »

Do you want real decorating dilemas or just one that you can answer in the magazine.  Cause Ive come up with a bunch of question, had plenty of time on my hands lately Smiley  Heres one for you.

Lanendragon

Dear LSM

My husband and I are trying to sell our home.  Do you have any hints and tricks for staging the spaces in our home so it will appeal to a broader spectrum of buyers?  Any help is appreciated.

Thank You

Ye Intruders Beware
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 04:01:57 am »

I think we would rather want questions about Sims decorating problems

My blog and my Sims site
lanendragon
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 09:38:14 am »

I think you miss my meaning Im writing the question from the sims point of view as if the sim is writing the magazine?  Isnt that how you want the questions formed?  Or is staging not what you meant?  If you'd I can submit a more "decorating" like question?  But Im submitting like the sims is asking not me.  Im sorry if im not understanding.

Lanendragon

Ye Intruders Beware
arlet
Trial Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 10:24:53 am »

Lanendragon, I think that macthekat is talking about questions like in some decoration magazines from "real life". Like this:
I have a small bathroom (2x2 squares) and I do not have a window. How could I make it look lighter and not boring?
Sorry if I misunderstood, but I'm still learning english and don't have all the words I need  Embarrassed

You can trust on bad people, they never change.
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 10:42:15 am »

I was trying to answer the first part of your question Lanendragon. But questions like the one Arlet posted are really good as well. If we get more we will do it in issue 10 as issue 9 is being finished as we speak.

My blog and my Sims site
lanendragon
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 02:52:56 pm »

Okay now  everythings is clear  Smiley  Sorry if I seemed a bit dense, Ive had a cold and I swear my brain stopped working LOL

So heres another one

Dear LSM
Our fireplace is the focal point of our living area, but it doesnt stand out in anyway.  Can you give advice on how to make it more interesting?

I have other ones but I want to make pics to go with them when did you want all the questions in by?

Ye Intruders Beware
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 07:10:48 am »

It would be really nice with some pictures of your problems

My blog and my Sims site
downcameforever
New Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 12:14:11 pm »

Dear LSM,

I'm working on building a dock and having issues. I'd like to build boats on the lot, preferably a beach lot, and have little to no clue how to do this. It just looks so, empty without them. Help!

(Is this alright?)
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 02:02:43 am »

We are going to do this in the upcoming issue so if you have any questions you are very welcome to ask them!

My blog and my Sims site
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: