LivingSims Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:08:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Cleaning up

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleaning up  (Read 3009 times)
Lilymayrose
Trial Subscriber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 03:59:33 am »

I spent the entire day tidying up my downloads yesterday. Getting rid of stuff I have never/will never use - that I downloaded on a whim. I've had the game since it's launch and have only just decided to utilise the collection facility within the game itself. I think I read an article in the Living Sims Magazine that suggested it would be a good idea to keep all of your 'decor' items in collections that pertained to the room it would be used in, or it's function ie. 'music clutter', 'art clutter'... so I spent at leats 4 hours trawling through my cc, putting it into specific collections. I have NO clue why I've never considered doing that before Embarrassed

Does anyone else bother to use the collections in the game to create their own?
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

I'm a puddlejumper.....so stand clear or get wet.

macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 04:29:26 am »

I use them all the time, otherwise it just take too darn long to decorate anything with the amount of downloads I got.

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site
Lilymayrose
Trial Subscriber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 07:15:59 am »

I'm currently decorating a home I built for a challenge at The Chatterbox, and it's amazing that I'm getting it done so fast - using the collections I created yesterday! I really should have made the effort to sort out my own collections years ago. But I'm veeeeeeeeeeery lazy Wink

Speechless
Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 11:09:17 am »

lol i am the collection crazy! I spent 2 days puting every single item into collections, even maxis stuff. i got collection for pillows, blankets, utensils and even for toilet stuff like toiletrolss. so if i want a damn sauce pan i know where it is and i can see straight away what i have. Nowdays i never use the deco menu anymore, only my collections and wow its speeds everything up massively. oh yeah i even devided plants into flowers, garden, inside pot plants etc.... bit excessive but very handy.
Now whenever i download something it gets home in collection straight away...and i never have to chase anything down ever again Smiley  Grin i kno im crazy!!!

A wizard is never late, nor is he early... He arrives precisely when he means to!
Writer, pictures, layouts
Visit Phoenix-On-Sea http://www.phoenix-on-sea.com
starrsim
Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2009, 01:45:25 pm »

I have 1.31 MB of downloads. I guess I should take the time and do more collections for the deco items. Does anyone know how to put a custom picture as your collection icon?

Rachael
Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2009, 02:11:36 pm »

If you put the custom icon in this folder (My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Collections\Icons) you will be able to select the icon when you create a new collection folder in game. I think you have to use the clean pack installer to change existing collection folder icons though...

Ah there's a tutorial at mts2: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=123906
Actually there's a fair few tutorials at mts2 if you want to have a look  Smiley
Lilymayrose
Trial Subscriber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2009, 02:43:12 pm »

Thanks for the link Rachael. I'll have to give that a go Grin
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 02:46:33 pm by Lilymayrose » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Rachael
Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2009, 02:46:35 pm »

I'm trying to motivate myself to create collection folders and orgnaise all my stuff...
Lilymayrose
Trial Subscriber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 04:16:53 pm »

It was well worth the time that I spent doing it... so go for it - but be warned... I only have about 6000 downloads so if you have more than that it'll take you whole lot longer than the four hours that it took me!

Ankuuh
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 05:14:38 pm »

I started cleaning up my game this evening. I did more then 3 hours over hair and clothing only and just started on the furniture, I will continue tomorrow because this clean up is really neccesairy. My game will not hold much longer if I continue the way I did before. ( to be honest I have no idea how many downloads I have  Embarrassed)

Btw, creating folders is a really good idea. Never tought of it Smiley I think I will give it a try.

Staffer. Photographer.
Sims 2 | Sims 3
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 05:18:00 pm »

some great costume icons: http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=123761

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site
Lilymayrose
Trial Subscriber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 06:03:44 am »

Oh my goodness... my obsessive compulsive tendencies have just fallen in love.

Thanks, Mac

macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 07:04:37 am »

Your welcome - I have linked to some more in my blog *points at signature*

My blog and my Sims site
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 06:51:32 am »

In an attempt to clean out my wall folder I went from almost 1000 files to just over 500 so I think that is pretty nice.
And from 448 to 241 floors is also pretty nice. Now I actuarially think I know what I got.

I am going to update the walls I like best to AL (chance the top and base boards) in homecrafter + update the walls I made a year ago to AL
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:12:12 am by macthekat » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

My blog and my Sims site
K-Katherine
Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 08:19:53 am »

those are real great icons i think i will go nuts without having them set in folders i have 20,967 downloads and its hard to go through all
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: