LivingSims Forum
July 05, 2020, 05:30:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Cleaning up

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleaning up  (Read 2026 times)
alexpilgrim
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 12:01:49 am »

Well, I do delete the recolors first with the design tool, but you're right that one has to be careful not to have orphaned files and it's a tedious process... the reason I do it in-game is to see the objects (sometimes from a whole big set I only keep a chair and a lamp, for instance) but of course after I still must double-check my folders, I do write things down as I go to make sure I don't have random orphaned stuff around. You can't imagine also how many duplicate files one finds doing this!

As for crashing, it happens whenever I try to open a collection file or sometimes open a section of the build or buy catalog... I'm pretty sure it's because of the amount of stuff I have, though I'm also checking in case it's a bad file, I took the folders out and am replacing them little by little. I remember when I use to play the mac version of the game there was a (ridiculous) file limit of maybe 10000, and going over that crashed the game in the same way. Now I have a new mac with disk partition and windows installed, so I play the PC version of the game, but I imagine there is a limit to the amount of stuff the program can handle, even if it's higher... my guess is that it's around 40000 (maybe 50000 including Saved Sims) or 5 GB.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: