LivingSims Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:07:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Sorry

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry  (Read 1849 times)
mimi250
Trial Subscriber

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2008, 10:32:52 am »

I did'nt know these screenshots were from an article. I am really sorry.

But, I would want to say that taking screenshots in various albums to ask for WCIF in forums is current in the Sims2 community. Very current. And no one ask for agreements, as theses screenshots are free to be seen, used and linked. How could I know that these screenshots were reserved? . Sorry. I haven't read that in the forum rules, and as I am guilty according to the forum's rules, I accept the punishment. But no problem. Your screenshots won't never be used by me anymore.

I have deleted the topic at reflexsimsforum.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:34:53 am by mimi250 » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 10:35:56 am »

You could perhaps not nose around in other people's photobuckets - I am pretty sure LP did not share that album anywhere - she may not have had all her albums set on private because she did not think it was needed - it seem that it is and they are not set to private.

You should ask before posting pictures form other people's accounts that isn't published anywhere - if you had found them in a public place it would be ok for you to post them and ask for it
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:37:13 am by macthekat » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site
mimi250
Trial Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 10:48:46 am »

What can I say? Your words are very hard. I am just a great fan of all that can be done of hard and pretty work in the community.

I don't just settle to "nose" in photobucket's album. I am one of the webmasters for the french official forum. I have created various things, a blog, stories, houses in my album and I participate a lot in various forums, not only for my own account.

To see me only as a person who "nose" in other things is disturbing for me, as It wasn't my intention to disturb anyone. I hope you and Linda will understand that.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
lpvinyl21
Free Lancer

Call me Linda

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 10:53:00 am »

Mimi,
Asking the WCIF in itself is not the issue here but how you came about the pics posted in that WCIF. I just posted those pics yesterday in my Photobucket account and the only people I gave the link to was the staff working on the same article. How else would you have gotten those pics I only posted yesterday if you did not go look at my Photobucket account? In the future a simple PM to ask about the pics would have avoided this issue.

Writer, photographer
Speechless
Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 10:53:58 am »

Agree with Mac.
 Just to clear up few things. The topic you posted had a name with a ? mark, reffering to the fact that  you were not sure what the pictures were for, so why post them?
   LP has not posted those anywhere or for anyone else than staff to be seen, so only way for you to find them was to go through her albums...why would one do that?! She has not given her album link out or neither has she posted those in another forum.
 Yes, useing pictures of others for asking about items is current, but if those pictures have been posted by their owner already somewhere perviously. Not many people take it to their business to go through other peoples private things or pick something up without asking, specially if not knowing what those are for! Hence the reason why we are upset and bit freaky that u go through LP things at first place. Leave her alone, it feels like you are stalkin her.
  Other thing i want to mention that 9 times out of 10 you ask for EVERYTHING on the pictures. WCIF topics are ment for items to be found but going for everything is bit over the top, and makes more than just me most likely wonder that are you just too lazy to look around yourself, or you are copying to the dot someone elses style. ...pluss its just generally over the top...lots of items you have been after are on very popular sites and easily findable.
I am not having a go at you, just trying to explain to you why theres a problem.

ps. if u are a webmaster you should be more than aware of the fact that before u use others private stuff u should ask!(i am not talking about the stuff what is already out there)...and it is such an honour to have fans but, would u like someone to do that to yourself. I hope u understand why people are upset.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:13:52 am by Speechless » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

A wizard is never late, nor is he early... He arrives precisely when he means to!
Writer, pictures, layouts
Visit Phoenix-On-Sea http://www.phoenix-on-sea.com
mimi250
Trial Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 11:11:04 am »

To LPVinyl's: My fault came that this album is registered in my favorite links. This morning, I wanted to ask for a WCIF from a site and I click, unfortunately, on the bad link. Fallen on your album, I've seen your update. And from that, I asked for a WCIF

It was an unthinkable act or a bad habit. So I say again, that no more WCIF will come from me in the future, concerning the members staff's albums (or maybe any albums). If you are upset, Linda, I apologize, you were very kindness to reply me in the past. Thanks again. But as we say in french "le mal est fait", bad things are already done, if I can translate it in english. I tried to repair it by deleting immediatly the post at reflexsimsforum when I saw the mackthekat's post. I would do more if I could. Sorry again.....
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:13:15 am by mimi250 » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
pikkonoloidlee
Proofreader
Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 11:15:36 am »

Thank you for the reply and for understanding mimi, hopefully we can avoid things like this in the future.

~~locking topic.

proofreading, article writing, pictures.
lpvinyl21
Free Lancer

Call me Linda

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 11:18:06 am »

Mimi you are free to ask WCIF's from any public pic just not members albums without their permission.
Apology accepted.

Writer, photographer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: