LivingSims Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:02:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

How Do You Organize Your Download Folder

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do You Organize Your Download Folder  (Read 2716 times)
Cesse
Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 04:46:34 am »

Okay, to you this might seem dumb, but to me this is a fantastic way to set out a folder. My Download folder is set out like this.. I have separate folders saying where i got the downloads from, say Simply Styling for example, the folder will say Simply Styling, then inside that folder, there will be other folders saying Clothes, Bedroom, Floors etc etc. Same with the others, such as Mod The Sims 2, i will abbreviate the folder calling it MTS2 and do the same routine as the Simply Styling folder, and my CEP will have it's own folder saying "CEP" with all the CEP stuff put inside the CEP folder. Say if you have downloaded a clutter from Simply Styling, then make a folder with in Simply Styling calling "Clutter" then make folders in the Clutter folder, so if you have downloaded a kitchen clutter, make a "Kitchen" folder inside the Clutter folder and place your kitchen clutter download inside that. Having a neatly organized Download Folder makes things so much easier. Also, to give a bit more help, Here's Collection Icons link http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=123761 Mac pointed these out, that i found in a post, so there's a direct link, they will help tidy up your Downloads Folder some more & for newbie down-loaders who know nothing about it, take some time to read this if you like, here's the link http://linna.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Downloading_for_Fracking_Idiots_2 it helped me out a lot, so I'm sure it will help you newbie down-loaders!

Hope I've helped!
Cesse excited
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

"Friends are like balloons, if you let them go you can't get them back."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: