LivingSims Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:00:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Sims 3 O.O

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 O.O  (Read 3084 times)
K-Katherine
Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 01:25:42 pm »

I pre-order it so hopefully it's worth like i like a couple of things i just dying to have it so i can take it for a spin Grin
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
AjÖya
Staff

CC §ims†ress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 02:04:58 pm »

Oh bummer ladies and gentleman. There is an 'official' announcement that the Sims™3 will be delayed a bit. More information ::Here::

Jackie of all trades...master of none.
www.simmum-bonum.com
reading is fundamental
K-Katherine
Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 04:01:48 pm »

Oh wow bummer Sad
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 05:03:22 pm »

I know it stinks... the good thing is that that moves it a bit into my semester so it dosn't come out 2 weeks after semester start Tongue

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site
magnoliae
Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 06:13:03 pm »

this is the most comprehensive review of ts3 that I have read, by kate at parsimonious: http://www.parsimonious.org/rev/index.shtml

it confirms that custom patterns will not be able to be imported into the game. there is also no homecrafter equivalent that allows you to create custom walls, floors, and terrain paints. bodyshop will also be very complicated to make cc for, which to be honest, i did expect with the new bodyshop sliders. eventually the community will most likely mod the game to allow cc, but it will not be possible out of the box.

my problem with the create a style system is that it's almost like floodfill, it's sufficient for some things like recoloring a cushion quickly, but applying a uniform pattern over a uniform area can only get you so far and ends up lacking details.

basically i dislike the aesthetic of ts3, but i am excited about many gameplay features. I am disappointed that it got delayed because I was looking forward to seeing the reception it would get in the sims community, and maybe get it for myself. I still would have a hard time letting go of sims 2...i would probably continue to play it, even if i got sims 3.

Find my creations at my LJ: http://mangnoliae.livejournal.com/   (updated 8-1-09 with moroccan themed rugs)
Find my older stuff at mts2: http://modthesims2.com/member/magnoliae
AjÖya
Staff

CC §ims†ress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 08:58:22 pm »

I know it stinks... the good thing is that that moves it a bit into my semester so it dosn't come out 2 weeks after semester start Tongue

I'm with you on that Mac, what a wonderful way to look at the glass as half way full! I'm only into my 2nd week of this semester too! So that is a positive way to look at it. Grin

this is the most comprehensive review of ts3 that I have read, by kate at parsimonious: http://www.parsimonious.org/rev/index.shtml

Magnolia, That's a nifty little piece of page information you found for us. Thank you!  OK

Jackie of all trades...master of none.
www.simmum-bonum.com
reading is fundamental
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 02:05:36 am »

From the official sims 3 site ( Sad ) - sims 3 will be "Ship[ped] June 2, 2009"

now this just stinks!

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site
magnoliae
Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 11:13:08 am »

wow that's quite the delay...my school year will be well over by then. I would rather them fix any issues with the game than ship it with bugs though, so I guess it's good that they're taking time to get it ready  Embarrassed

Find my creations at my LJ: http://mangnoliae.livejournal.com/   (updated 8-1-09 with moroccan themed rugs)
Find my older stuff at mts2: http://modthesims2.com/member/magnoliae
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 11:29:41 am »

I would have liked it to come in the spring (please) then in the summer, but I guess it will be good for my studies

My blog and my Sims site
RuthStar
New Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 04:22:27 pm »

I'm disappointed with the delay, It's not for bugs tho, the delays for marketing reasons which has left a sour taste in my mouth.
They left it 17 days before the release date to tell us about it, that's just really bad.
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 04:27:45 pm »

You don't think that they say it is for marketing prepuces to cover over just how bugged the game is right now (as fare as I can read form the creator week - it was bad) - it after all sounds better to your investors that you push a deadline on something for marketing prepuces then that you do it because you didn't do a good enough product in the first place...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 04:31:03 pm by macthekat » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

My blog and my Sims site
K-Katherine
Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 05:08:14 pm »

Im so mad i find that out last night how can they do that, i was waiting for the game and now i have to wait till 6/2/09 i dont be at home to much on the summer so it will suck having the game than, i finish paying for the collector edition so it be a shame paying 70 $ to sit there collecting dust till the fall Sad
sixtyten
Free Lancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 06:30:13 pm »

You don't think that they say it is for marketing prepuces to cover over just how bugged the game is right now (as fare as I can read form the creator week - it was bad) - it after all sounds better to your investors that you push a deadline on something for marketing prepuces then that you do it because you didn't do a good enough product in the first place...

no, i definitely think it is to generate sales, EA have made a lot of layoffs, and june is a pretty slow time of year, so to have a big release at that time will really boost their sales. *apparently*

Feel free to call me Sarah Smiley

Free Sims 2 recolours at awesims.sixty-ten.net  |  www.sixty-ten.net
lkevelvet
Staff

It's LkeVelvet - Like Velvet ;)

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 09:36:19 pm »

I wasn't surprised about the delay, if I can remember correctly the Sims 2 was delayed.  I can't remember for how long but I was kind of expecting something like this.  One thing though that's different is at least prior to the Sims 2 being released they made bodyshop available to keep us sated. Wink

On a different note, I recently read something on a forum about Secur...(can't remember the rest) and DRM (Digital Rights Management).  Some people have been saying that EA is installing extra applications with their games that spy on the game-user, amongst other things and they may interfere with game-play.  Has anyone heard anything about this?  What's it all about and most of all is it true?  It makes me a little hesitant about buying the game, I've had enough computer problems to last me a life time.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:38:23 pm by lkevelvet » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Proofreader, Writer, Photographer, Advertisement (as needed)  

I use American spelling, grammar and language conventions.
abiakasketch
New Reader

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2009, 01:28:50 pm »

what kind of community lots could we make in sims 3 ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: