LivingSims Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:02:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Your favourite...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your favourite...  (Read 2264 times)
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: June 23, 2008, 03:41:30 am »

What was your favourite advertisement and article in the last issue?
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

zkorie
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 12:39:49 am »

I have two favorite advertisements, the one for Romanesque Columns and Arches and the one for Zen Spa Retreat.  I liked the one for Romanesque Columns and Arches because it shed a prettier light on Maxis content; and I liked the ad for Zen Spa Retreat because it brought even more realism to the magazine, especially with the addition of an address and phone number in the ad.

My favorite article would probably be Picture Perfect, the O'Mackey kitchen and bath remodel.  I love doing makeovers in my own game, so it was nice seeing and reading about different ideas and getting some new inspiration.  The boolPropped interview would be a close second.  Getting some fresh ideas on how to make the most out of Maxis content is a plus, since I've been playing without CC while reorganizing my Downloads.
gerbera
Collector

Techie Gal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 10:06:12 am »

Please let us continue with this. Everyone, what was your favorite article and advertisement in issue 5?

vickis75
Trial Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 10:12:12 am »

I did not have time to read everything now (both kids have the fever) but I can say that the Mirake add is my favourite advertisement.  OK

EarthGoddess
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 12:35:45 pm »

I really like this month's How To! (not overuse a pattern) I see some really great rooms some times that would be even better if a little less busy. But I am a minimalist, so what do I know? lol
aznxtasy418
New Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 03:32:05 pm »

My favorite ad that caught my attention was the one for a hotel in issue 8. I don't remember where it was in the magazine but I remembered trying to click all over the picture in hopes that it'll open to another page which has more information on this hotel. It had phone numbers and stuff. Are these ads just for viewing purposes or are they real ads?
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 05:20:46 pm »

Just viewing purposes unless they are for a sims product - some of them are ads for real sims stuff

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site
sixtyten
Free Lancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 05:25:29 pm »

Hehe, the hotel ad was just for viewing purposes Smiley

The details however, are for a REAL hotel, in greece I think. The picture I made was modelled off the real hotel, as good as I could do anyway Smiley

Here's the site for the actual hotel http://www.harmonyhotel.gr/ (my ad was modelled off this shot http://www.harmonyhotel.gr/pool-bar.html)

Feel free to call me Sarah Smiley

Free Sims 2 recolours at awesims.sixty-ten.net  |  www.sixty-ten.net
smmi
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 04:00:44 pm »

The ad for blake_boy's table sink really hit me in the face. It's so simple, yet strong and beautiful. (I want to be able to manipulate pictures to look like that!) The Lover's Lane is a close second. Also loved the fleamarked aditorial. The interview with BlackOrchid was my fave read.

Thanks for a great magazine!

My lots at MTS2
sixtyten
Free Lancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 04:56:08 pm »

thank you so much for your lovely comments! we try to put as much into everything that goes in the mag as we can, so its great to hear that you guys are enjoying it  excited

Feel free to call me Sarah Smiley

Free Sims 2 recolours at awesims.sixty-ten.net  |  www.sixty-ten.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: