LivingSims Forum
August 14, 2020, 05:40:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Your decorating/building tips

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your decorating/building tips  (Read 2277 times)
motherof70
trial staffer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 03:50:53 pm »

One thing that can instantly give your lot a bit of depth or realism is a little terrain paint in the right places.  It can be tricky and easily overdone, I avoided terrain paint for a long time as I found it a bit awkward.  A tip I read at MTS suggested putting a little soil paint at the base of exterior walls all the way round the building, the effect is quite dramatic considering how little is done.  That's really how I started using terrain paint, it really does create a more natural look.  It's great for making a pond look like a pond, without the need for loads of stones and plants, and ideal for curved pathways.  If you can get matching floor tiles and terrain paint then that can take some of the work out of it.  I'm lucky enough to have a graphics pen and have found that a lot easier to use when applying terrain paint.  I wish I had some pictures to show what I mean but I've only just started getting into taking pictures from the game and don't have any to illustrate my point.  Just go to it slowly with little bits at a time, undoing mistakes as you go and being careful not to over do it-less is more.

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Sims 2 Photographer
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: