LivingSims Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:53:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

hello bonjour hola salam etc

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hello bonjour hola salam etc  (Read 933 times)
motherof70
trial staffer

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2009, 06:05:37 am »

Hi there,

I found my way here from Insim having found the post that said you needed help with the mag.  I read it too late though and it looks like you only need writers now and I'm not sure about that.  I'm sorry I haven't been here before though.  I had come across the mag and thought that it wouldn't have anything in it for me (it looked too modern for my tastes) but actually I was totally wrong.  I flicked through a couple of editions once I got here and it's really cool.  I really like interview section and anything that helps me build better houses is most welcome.  I did spend a whole day lost in the finds sections here at the forum though-it should carry a warning, so much stuff and so many sites I hadn't heard of.  I'm not a creator but I wish I were and am slowly getting to grips with Gimp-once I'm confident enough with that I'll move onto SimPE.  I'm interested in objects rather than bodyshop stuff but it's a slow journey.  Until then I will content myself by building houses, that's my favourite part of the game I think, which I've been playing since 2006.  I have made one house available for upload, a request I fulfilled for a member at Insim and if you're interested you can see it here.  As for favourite places to get custom content, MTS simply for the sheer size and quality of downloads, Insim for cool body shapes-the satyr is amazing, Parsimonious because I really like their style and Around the Sims for really beautiful furniture. 
I hope to be spending some time here because I think I can contribute even if it's not in an official capacity.  Hope this finds you all well.  Oh, I'm in Scotland and my favourite colour is black-once (a long time ago) a goth always a goth.  My art teacher always told us that black wasn't a colour though so for the purists, green or red.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Sims 2 Photographer

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ankuuh
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 06:07:24 am »

Hi !
Welcome to the forum, hope you will enjoy it here !

Staffer. Photographer.
Sims 2 | Sims 3
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 06:43:07 am »

Welcome very much to the forum.

It is really nice to know that you are interested in joining the staff as a photographer. We need a new one from time to time, so it is good to have someone in reserve. It would be super if you would fill our an application, then we can take a look and see if we need you on the staff.

I really like the house you build - it is very grand on style. And we don't really have anyone on the staff who focus on more traditional design, so that might be a good addition.

anyway... I hope you enjoy the forum and that we will see your pictures around

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site
SimsArtGallery
Assistant Chief Editor / Sub Editor
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 07:42:43 pm »

Welcome to the forum!

You've made a lovely house. As mac said, you should put your application in for photographer. I would love to see more of your work and hope that you will join a few of the challenges and upload some of your pics in our forum.

So glad to have you here and hope to see more of you.

Assistant Chief Editor, Photographer, Proofer, Layouts, Writer. Just an all around kind of gal...
lkevelvet
Staff

It's LkeVelvet - Like Velvet ;)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 05:12:39 pm »

Hi there and welcome! I checked out your house and wowzer - I'm in love with that kitchen. Great job and as the others said, apply for photographer. You took some really nice shots there. Again welcome and don't be a stranger.

Proofreader, Writer, Photographer, Advertisement (as needed)  

I use American spelling, grammar and language conventions.
leesester
Head of Advertisment
Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 06:15:54 pm »

Hi there

If you like to take great pics but are not too sure on what to do with them we can always do with some nice shots of objects etc for our ad pages. Maybe you have a favourite item or site and you could have a go at in an ad?

Here are our ad guidelines

Advert sizes
½ page: 670 x 250 pixels
Full page: 670 x 500 pixels
Double page: 670x1000 pixels

a page size is 670 pixels high by 500 pixels wide.

Other info

Please check through previous issues of LivingSims to see if the site or item you are wanting to advertise has been done already. We want to give exposure to lesser known creators/sites as well as the big ones, so we would prefer not to double up.
If you have a picture you have taken  but do not want to do the layout of an ad for it, just make a thread, post the picture and I (or if someone else volunteers) will take care of the rest. Please try to make sure your pictures have minimal work (ie, photoshopping, sharpening etc) done to them, and are as large as possible to give us the best possible image to work with.

If you have an ad that you would like to include in the magazine, and want feedback on, please also just go ahead start a thread and go from there. We will offer you pointers if you want them, and critique etc. Please take any criticism as constructive and try not to be offended. We are not trying to be mean, and only want to encourage you to do your best work so that the magazine looks as stunning as it can!

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to either pm me or start a thread in the forum. I will try to answer your question as soon as possible.

Head of Advertising | British English |
motherof70
trial staffer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 05:41:20 am »

My goodness, thank you all so much for your words of encouragement.  Apart from some starter photos I put in a wee album at the RKC and those of the house at Insim I haven't really taken many photos.  I only recently learned how to crop and scale-I'm a real noob at this.  It's funny though because when I said I was thinking of applying for a post here I thought it would be as a proofreader as I would say that's where my strength lies but I have nearly finished my "high class living room" for the photography task and hope to take the pics sometime today.  I decided to go for it because I thought it would be a challenge, I'm very much out of my comfort zone, and I don't take part in any contests or challenges.  I think my forte is kitchens-I just love kitchen clutter and stuff, but I like how the living room is coming along so you'll hear from me soon.  Hope you're all well. 

Sims 2 Photographer
ariasm
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 07:10:53 pm »

welcome, its so nice to have you here with us  Smiley

Photographer/Writer/Interviews/Finds (Sims2)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: