LivingSims Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:52:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Issue 11

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue 11  (Read 1350 times)
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 20, 2009, 05:44:34 pm »

We would love to hear what you think!

what you liked, disliked, what you want more of etc.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

arlet
Trial Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 10:11:21 am »

Just finished reading it today. You made a fantastic work, as always.

Although, and only to say something, perhaps in this number you payed more attention to creators than to challenge forums, but this is not bad. Only I think some more pages dedicated to great people who made the forum challenges would be great (like the marvellous article Home together from the 10). They put all efforts in the challenges, you know.

And congratulations for the help section.

I almost forgot it... the advertisements are growing better and better, they look very inspiring, like the mimi's in this issue.

I can't wait to the new issue!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:14:29 am by arlet » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

You can trust on bad people, they never change.
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 10:27:47 am »

Glad you liked it over-all!

If people want a bit more space for the challenges the creators of the homes will really have to write a bit more text Wink plus it was a very small issue.

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site
arlet
Trial Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 09:40:41 am »

Well, some times is difficult to write "enough". I do not speak english very well, and when I try to write a text about a home of my simmies, it's very hard to me find the words that I could easy use in spanish. Of course, is my fault, but I'm not confident in translators.

and of course, I spent more time playing than in the forum...  Embarrassed

You can trust on bad people, they never change.
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 06:11:44 pm »

I know what you mean - English isn't my first language either and often it is hard to come up with a text for the challenges because you know just why you did stuff, but it is hard to put into words. But anyway the best way getting better at writing english is just to jump into the deep end of the water and just babble away. People normally don't mind spelling errors and we always get some proofreaders to fix them before they might end up in the magazine.
But the challenge articles are more often then not last minute jobs because we want everyone to get a chance to get into the issue + last time we just didn't have very many articles, so I slapped the challenge one together pretty quickly - anyway it all means that there was no time to get a writer to help out and put more text on each, so I figured I would just make a tiny article out of it.

I hope that explains the tiny challenge article this time - we normally like to give them a bit more room

By the way if anyone have an idea for a challenge Please write it to us and we might take it up!

My blog and my Sims site
Jebbica
New Reader

Eternal Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 08:59:23 am »

Issue 11! Great job everyone i love the interviews they're great! Wink The funny thing was when i got onto "Blue Finds" my eyes just went bam, it was all so blue! But i loved it, looking through the finds is interesting, because you never know what could be there and useful.

Call me Jess if you like Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: