LivingSims Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:26:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Hello there!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello there!!!  (Read 501 times)
Lisfyre
Reader

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2009, 01:48:21 pm »

Hi everyone!!

I'm Lisfyre.. but you can call me Lis Smiley   I haven't been a long time player of the Sims.  I started playing The Sims 2 on the PS2 when my husband made me (he loves the game, and I swore I would NEVER EVER play anything as silly as The Sims).  Anyway, he bought the PC version and got me hooked on that too.  Sigh.. he's so evil  Grin  So I got my own TS2 DD with Nightlife and Bon Voyage for Christmas 2007 along with a new computer.  How could I say no to that!!  I was about to give up on the game entirely when I literally stumbled into a site called The Sims Resource.  I didn't know anything about custom content and I had never gone to the Exchange.. I didn't even know it existed!!! Well a whole new world opened for me.   I must now shamefully admit that I, am a CC addict.   Embarrassed

When The Sims 3 was announced, he stopped playing TS2 and waited... and waited.  I've always said, I wouldn't play TS3 until everyone in the community had got their hands on it and modded/hacked/created for the game.  He came home on launch day during his lunch break with a shiny copy of The Sims 3 in hand but... had to head back to work.  So.. sneaky little me installed the game and got a few hours play time before he did Smiley  My decision started to waver ... they got me at the open neighbourhood - no more loading screens!!!  But still no good items ... not really ... I had gotten used to fabulous CC and there was nothing here.  So I just concentrated on the game until... well... I had to install it on my computer.   So now I just play the game and patiently wait for all the goodies. 

OK so now that I've bored you all with that..... thought I'd just drop in to say hello!!!!  Wink

Oh ya and I almost forgot...

- What part of the world are you from?
  - United States, East Coast
- What is your favourite colour?
  - White
- What do you enjoy most about the sims?
  - playing and decorating and controlling their LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- How long have you played sims?
  - December 2007
- What is your favourite Section of Magazine?
  - EVERYTHING!!  You guys are amazing and thanks Smiley
- Are you a creator for the sims? We would love to see your stuff if you are
  - Sadly no, I just love to build and decorate.
- What is your favourite site to download build/buy mode stuff from?
  - hmm.... tough question - I love them all, but I'd have to say mostly from - Sims2Artists, NaturalSims, ModTheSims,AnnoSims, Sims Crossing, All4Sims, Feenwald, The Sims Resource and ... there's just too many but these are my main shopping venues :D
- How did you find the forum?
  - The Magazine of course!!

Just some of my houses and some random pics

This was a remake of the Ranch Retreat for a Natural Sims challenge

This was also a remake - The Tiny Tudor for a Natural Sims challenge

My first beach house

I got loads more but that's for another time Smiley  Hope you like the pics!!
Smile and have a great day!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 02:11:01 pm by Lisfyre » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ariasm
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 02:20:04 pm »

Hello Lis, your houses are beautiful, we hope you enjoy the forum and the magazine... Welcome  Smiley
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Photographer/Writer/Interviews/Finds (Sims2)
lkevelvet
Staff

It's LkeVelvet - Like Velvet ;)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 08:20:02 am »

OK Great pics and houses Lis! I'm glad that you gave into the temptation and joined the Sims world. Grin I know that you'll find the nicest people here. Please don't be shy, keep those houses coming and let us take a peek inside as well. Welcome!

Proofreader, Writer, Photographer, Advertisement (as needed)  

I use American spelling, grammar and language conventions.
Lisfyre
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 11:27:42 am »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!  You know, I've seen the magazine once before but I never had a chance to read it that last time because RL interrupted me and I had to shut down (hate those RL interruptions, don't you?) but I'm glad I gave it another shot. 

Glad you like my houses.  I just finished this one and I do have inside pics this time.  Hope you like!!

Ankuuh
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 10:57:05 am »

Welcome !
Hope you will enjoy it here ! Love your houses Smiley

Staffer. Photographer.
Sims 2 | Sims 3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print