LivingSims Forum
March 19, 2024, 12:38:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

I got the game

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I got the game  (Read 1734 times)
Ankuuh
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2009, 03:04:52 pm »

The sims 3 is in stores here in the netherlands.
I have played it for like two hours and must say that I really have to get used to the way things have changed.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Staffer. Photographer.
Sims 2 | Sims 3

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

K-Katherine
Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 03:21:37 pm »

that is so cool i have to wait till 2nd of june but dying to check it out
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 03:47:25 pm »

You are so going to show pictures now!

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site
Ankuuh
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 09:31:51 am »

I will, what would you like to see ? I will try and make pictures of that Smiley

Staffer. Photographer.
Sims 2 | Sims 3
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 10:37:40 am »

hmmm how about just showing us what-ever your playing on right now? I would properly like to see the item you think is the coolest

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site
ariasm
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 11:44:04 am »

Ankuuh, I will like to see the flowers

Photographer/Writer/Interviews/Finds (Sims2)
Adalita
Chief Proofreader
Staff

Addicted to simming!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 05:04:37 pm »

OK I have to wait until the 4th of June!
You have to show piccies!

Addicted to simming!
Living Sims Staffer: Chief Proofreader, Photographer, Writer, Graphic Designer and Builder.  Sims2 and 3 (Sims2 may take 2 hours to load on my PC) (My laptop only has The Sims2 and freetime)
petroliten
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 03:15:51 am »

Oooooh pictures! We get it the 2nd here in Sweden Tongue But I will probably wait until after the summer because I don't want to sit at the computer when the sun is shining :D

Sweden could win over every other country in all sports blindfolded. We just lose to be nice =)
Adalita
Chief Proofreader
Staff

Addicted to simming!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 05:20:00 am »

how long diod it take to load mine had taken hours and isn't even 1/2 way!

Addicted to simming!
Living Sims Staffer: Chief Proofreader, Photographer, Writer, Graphic Designer and Builder.  Sims2 and 3 (Sims2 may take 2 hours to load on my PC) (My laptop only has The Sims2 and freetime)
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 06:23:01 am »

Mine toke quite a bit to install, but loads in like 30 sec to 2 min

My blog and my Sims site
Ankuuh
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 08:24:27 am »

The first time it took a while, but now it goes pretty fast (2min or so). But I think I find things soon pretty fast because the Sims 2 took ages to load.

Staffer. Photographer.
Sims 2 | Sims 3
avonatwinkle
trial staffer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 06:39:46 pm »

I got the game yesterday, because The Sims 3 came out June the 4th for Aussies. I played it for 1 hour. And unfortunately, haven't played it since due to my laptop. When I'm online and scampering around here you will normally find that I'm using the laptop. Which The Sims 3 can not run on Sad

Writer
alexpilgrim
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 04:06:37 am »

I got it yesterday and I've been playing a while, so here's my opinion if anyone is interested:  Grin

First of all I don't think it's such a giant leap as the enormous difference between Sims 1 and Sims 2, the graphics are pretty similar and gameplay is different but many improvements (like kids actually growing up) are not new. I remember when the Sims 2 came out I just couldn't go back to Sims 1, it was just too lame all of a sudden. I don't feel the same way about the Sims 2. I think those of us who like to build and create Sims and custom content will stick to the Sims 2 for a while.

I like:
- The fact that a Sim can move freely through the neighborhood, and that time goes by for the entire neighborhood, regardless if you enter a lot to play or not (well actually, you don't "enter lots" anymore, really...) I used to find it annoying that it was monday for one Sim and friday for another, and I had to write the days down to keep all my families in the same time line. I think the best idea is to maybe create a few families you like but stick to playing with just one and use the others to build relationships.
- Create a Sim is not bad, the facial features are OK but imho they all look sort of the same. I like the way you can personalize the hair and make-up colors and the voices. And I really really like the different body types.
By the way I had a very blonde moment because I set my game screen resolution to 1024x768 instead of 1680x1050 and it was all stretched out, and I kept wondering why they were all so chubby and had these round faces...
 Embarrassed

I don't like that much:
- The meshes are very limited in the catalog, most of the stuff is over-decorated or country looking, no simple counters or doors, it makes it pretty difficult to decorate, and the new pattern tool doesn't really make up for it.
- Sims can't really visit community lots or their work place, they just go there and interact with the lots as if they were objects (but I'm pretty sure that's what the EPs are going to fix).
- The game doesn't seem as creator-friendly as Sims 2, except for the pattern thing.
- The game menu is a bit confusing but maybe that's just something one has to get used to...

Oh, one thing I was nicely surprised with: I had two male Sims flirt with each other (I gave them the same traits, it was easy, haha!), and finally they got the Marriage option, not the Joined Union you had in Sims 2 for same-sex couples. I wonder if it's the same in all countries or just here because it's legal in real life? (Oh, and really I don't mean to start a discussion on this issue, I assume we all respect each other's opinions... )
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 04:17:38 am by alexpilgrim » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
lumienkeli
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 12:25:30 pm »

well, i got the game too.
i just bought new computer and everything shoul be perfect but..
the sims 3 is full og bugs and i'm kind of dissapointed. i thought they worked so long with the game that i should be bug-free but there's no hope than wait the first patch to be released:/

my sims should have beautiful haircut but her bold shows under the hair (like the mesh is broken or something else)

when i'm looking all over the town trees are shown like green squares. mm...
on the lot trees and everyother gardening stuff is glowing.

so lets see if i'm going to play this game for awhile.
luckily i have the sims 2 full of beautiful stuff Tongue

macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 12:40:11 pm »

hmmm I have not had a single bug - are you sure your graphic card driver is updated?

My blog and my Sims site
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: