LivingSims Forum
March 19, 2024, 12:51:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

What are you looking most forward for?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you looking most forward for?  (Read 1489 times)
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 02, 2009, 01:42:42 pm »

What are you looking most forward for?
Tell us what you are looking forward for in sims 3

I personally really look forward to the new personalty system, I am sick and tired of the aspirations and the personalty points! All my sims end up with like 3 different set ups and they are almost the same.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lilymayrose
Trial Subscriber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 03:01:59 pm »

I can't really say that there is anything in particular that I'm looking forwards to with Sims 3. The fact that you cannot properly visit a community lot and interact visibly, is a real bummer... and for me renders the entire concept of being able to 'walk through the neighbourhood' - obselete.
I'm only buying this one because I don't want to be left out of the loop. I'm still enjoying Sims 2 far too much to feel any real excitement about this new generation.

I'm a puddlejumper.....so stand clear or get wet.

macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 04:37:07 pm »

It is only some of the community lots that are "rabbit holes" some off them - the outdoor ones - works just as we know them. But why they have made things like the restaurants a rabbit hole is just strange, but I guess they will "open" in a future EP

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site
Lilymayrose
Trial Subscriber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 05:43:44 pm »

I'm not that patient. I want it all to be as fantastic now, as the sims 2 is... I suspect I'll gte hooked - no matter what I say now. And the concept of the wide range of personalities will certainly make for some interesting gameplay Grin

I'm a puddlejumper.....so stand clear or get wet.

Cesse
Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 01:32:52 am »

Probably all of the new interior features, but also i like the fact that you can zoom right into anything in the neighbourhood, such as a Sim and check what the Sim is up to.

"Friends are like balloons, if you let them go you can't get them back."
Sunbeam921
Staff

Penny was here.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 11:43:48 am »

Mac, I think what they mean by "rabbit holes" are school and work buildings. you can see your Simmies go in them, but you can't see them during class or work. I'm pretty sure you can go into resultants and stuff, but I don't know for sure.

I hope that cleared some things up. Wink

Penny is mah name, simmin' is mah game!
Writer
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 01:12:45 pm »

Nope restaurants are also rabbit holes

My blog and my Sims site
Sunbeam921
Staff

Penny was here.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 03:56:35 pm »

No foolin? :U Well, that sucks.

Sorry for any confusion! I just didn't know.

Penny is mah name, simmin' is mah game!
Writer
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 04:04:46 pm »

Yeah it kind of does... but rumors fly that the first ep will perhaps be something like open for business - but for now that is just rumors

My blog and my Sims site
Ankuuh
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 06:02:21 pm »

It's true that you cant go inside the spa, the hospital and such. You see that your sim is inside but you cant go with them. I must say that is something about this new game that totally frustrates me.

Staffer. Photographer.
Sims 2 | Sims 3
K-Katherine
Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 06:52:13 pm »

i can't really say but the fact of open to walk around the neighborhood  it something that i want to check it out how the whole sims thing it bummer to me right now
i also found out that it will have expansion packs later on facts are by 6month after the release..
Simlover323
Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 07:13:14 pm »

I think the thing im MOST looking forward to, is the CAS. Like Ive never really gotten into playing the Sims themselves, but just designing their houses. But now with all the outfit and sim possibilities,  i think its time for me to start. But im SO looking forward to the selection of outfits. Like the shoes and what not. I cant wait !!
lkevelvet
Staff

It's LkeVelvet - Like Velvet ;)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 08:00:41 pm »

Grin CAS was my friend in Sims 2. I could spend hours just giving boring sims much needed make-overs and then I'd make-over their homes. Be still my heart; I think I'm going to be tied to my keyboard once I get the new game!

Proofreader, Writer, Photographer, Advertisement (as needed)  

I use American spelling, grammar and language conventions.
alexpilgrim
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 12:17:14 am »

From what I've seen I lke the fact that you can have more different body types (not just thin or sort of thin with a big belly), and maybe the playability will be better, but I'll let you know about that when it comes out in Spain (the 7th, I think).
Otherwise I don't think the graphics are so different, not like the huge difference between the Sims 1 and 2. Probably I'll be sticking to the Sims 2 for building and decorating, at least until we have the same level of CC for the Sims 3.
Another thing that I know is going to annoy me is that right now I have a level of adultness that I won't have with the new game: no censor blur, realistic skin tones, male sims with body hair and... umm... body parts, all that.
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 03:48:04 am »

The Inger crew already have a anti-censor thing out!

My blog and my Sims site
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: