LivingSims Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:32:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

What room do you find most difficult to decorate?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What room do you find most difficult to decorate?  (Read 3806 times)
Gheliane
New Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 08:12:48 am »

Its depends for my mood. My inspirations changes, sometimes i in the "phase bedroom", and i  spend hours to create a really nice bedroom special for one sims , with a closet and bath etc. When i finished and i have do decorate the kitchen , and i have no idea how to do it .... Sometimes i very outside, and its easily  do a great garden and a really nice space to live outside, and when i need to do the living room nothing  excited
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
simsartgallery
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008, 01:35:58 am »

The same thing happens to me. That's when I have to quit the game and do something else until i figure out how to make it all work together.
K-Katherine
Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2009, 01:32:40 pm »

Bathrooms it always look so simple no matter how hard i try to use two tone colors
RuthStar
New Reader

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 04:33:21 pm »

Bathrooms and Kitchens i find difficult, Especially Bathroom's, I try to make them as small as possible.
xoxfashion_victimxox
Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2009, 01:03:55 pm »

I don't really like bathroom, i really have difficulty, it's always to small or to big...

madartist
New Reader

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 06:16:43 pm »

Dining rooms and bathrooms are really hard for me as well.  The space I always find really difficult are the outdoor areas such as patios.
Ankuuh
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2009, 07:17:10 am »

I have to say that the badroom is the most boring place in my houses. They always look te same. I do use different things from different sets, but one way or another I always have the same layout or the same shower..

As for diningrooms, I usually use a nice table with interesting chairs (I really like bright colors as a detail) and than I try to find a nice cupboard or a dressoir ( I don't know if this makes any sense but it is a low kind of closet where you can put things on) and I hang a nice mirror above it.

Staffer. Photographer.
Sims 2 | Sims 3
arlet
Trial Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 04:06:07 am »

I think halls are difficult because my houses are always small, and it's a space that have to be shared with living room in most of them. Otherwise, it's certain that there is no much variety of objects to put in a hall. I like to put one chair, one desk or a small bookcase, one stand light if possible, and now I'm discovering the OMPS, and everything has changed! I can put clutter on anything I imagine, like a real house. It helps a lot.

You can trust on bad people, they never change.
smmi
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 11:13:25 am »

Agree that halls and dining rooms are difficult. Especially sim dining rooms take up soo much space and what else should you fit in there? I try to avoid putting dining rooms in my lots often, but that's more because I'm not that used to having separate dinging rooms. I guess it's quite Scandinavian to eat in the kitchen.

Someone mentioned about mixing sets and I think that's a very good tactics. Using just one set tends to get way to uniform.

My lots at MTS2
Cesse
Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2009, 05:06:43 am »

Agreed Mac, dining rooms can become quiet hard to decorate, i get confused, whether to put what table with what chair, and i always place things in the wrong place, in the end i get it right, but it takes the longest to decorate, although i love doing it, lol.

"Friends are like balloons, if you let them go you can't get them back."
Twi
trial staffer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2009, 09:34:37 pm »

Personally, I quite enjoy decorating livingrooms and kitchens. However, I absolutely hate decorating bedrooms. To me, it's hard not to make them all look the same Sad

Photographer, can proofread where needed, Sims 2
Lisfyre
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2009, 11:38:06 am »

Depends on the house... my biggest problem is usually bedrooms and nurseries.  Nurseries and kids rooms sort of have a short shelf life unless you have aging off and prolong the enjoyment of having little ones around.  Teen and adult bedrooms I don't have to struggle a lot with.

Decorating in TS2 is a joy because there's so much more out there in terms of styles, content and above all fabulous clutter.  But you gotta be careful with pathing for your sims or you get one grumpy sim screaming about not being able to get around the room.  That being said, decorating in TS3 is terrible - for obvious reasons.  Not enough stuff out there yet, and in-game items are limited.  But having the freedom to put things at an angle and at quarter grids are great because everything is functional and there's not a lot of screaming sims telling you they can't use this or can't get there. 
kayleigh83
New Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2009, 10:09:06 pm »

I'm surprised I'm one of the few who finds living rooms difficult - I always try to cram so much stuff in (couch, TV, bookshelf, armchair, easel, chess etc etc...) until it looks awkward and cramped. I especially get this problem in smaller houses.
umikagami
Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2009, 04:20:38 pm »

I've always had trouble with halls and entryways, they always look so awkward and empty!  Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: