LivingSims Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:46:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Issue 9

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue 9  (Read 2865 times)
smmi
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 08:26:27 am »

Congrats on a new issue ... It was a great read with a lot of content.

There were a lot of good tutorials. I love that you did simple ones like the one about sharing lots.

Now that I've read through your back issues, I realised that you recycle your ads. I actually really like that. Generally, the ads in this mag are so well done and pleasureable in themselves. Personally, I clearly prefer those that refer to sim content rather than those for RL products. The easter spread at the back was lovely!

I loved the theme of patio decorating, not a lot of text and large, beautiful pics. Perfectly suited for web reading/browsing. The "Living at the Top" article was another favourite because it came out visually strong, yet not too busy or crammed.

________

If I may give some pieces of constructive criticisms:

While I loved the editorial I think you should use the page next to it differently than you've done until now. There's a reason that most mags start up with ads or content overviews rather than content. The article in itself is fine, but visually too crammed. imo that page would benefit from some more white space, as you would get with a table of content, contributor portraits, one not too heavy ad, or something along those lines.

Also, I'm impressed at the amount of content you manage to create for one issue. But since this is a web read rather than a print mag, less content and more pics would maybe work better (which would mean you could stretch all your wonderful articles out on more issues). It's a bit too much to read through in one go, some devoted readers will maybe return to finish it, but you cannot read some, put it down and read more later as with a print mag. All your content is great. But half or 2/3 would do, I think. More ads would be great. - Think of the amount of ads in mags you pay for ....

Also, I think it would've worked better to have the gold finds on two pages next to each other. The intro text could either have been incorporated in those two pages or could've come on a right hand page with the two find pages coming after the page turn. The most sought after finds - although also spanning three pages - somehow worked much better visually imo.

While I loved the spread with "ideas from the sims community" p. 31, it's a bit hard to follow. Fewer pics, more white space would make it easier to read.
____

Thank you for pleasurable reading/browsing :D
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

My lots at MTS2
sillykatyrae
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 07:36:54 pm »

The photography in this issue was absolutely stunning! I haven't been playing Sims 2 this semester. Looking at this issue has made me really excited to get back into the game this Summer. I'm going to have to check out the WCIF section too, I can' t believe how much new content I saw in here. Great job everyone!
miral
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 08:22:04 am »

Issue 9 is brilliant  OK as always..I've got so much inspiration out of the magazine that I hardly can wait to go back in game again  Grin You are getting better and better with each new issue and it looks so real that I have to remember myself it's 'only' for a game.Thank you so much for your hard work  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: