LivingSims Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:32:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Issue 9

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue 9  (Read 2873 times)
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: April 11, 2009, 08:46:48 am »

Let us hear what you think

Also we want to know if something isn't working
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

magnoliae
Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 12:01:02 pm »

wow there were so many great features, I can't pick just one!

the mall was so cool, and I loved all of the outdoor living shots, and so many great ads as always

Find my creations at my LJ: http://mangnoliae.livejournal.com/   (updated 8-1-09 with moroccan themed rugs)
Find my older stuff at mts2: http://modthesims2.com/member/magnoliae
angayle
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 12:49:08 pm »

In past issues, we could click on a picture & be lead to the item we wanted to download.  Right now, I'm on page 10 & there've been several items that I have been directed to the main website.  Do you know there are over 329 fireplaces (under Build) & over 2,000 (under Furnishing) on TSR?  I tried searching for "classic fireplace" & came up with over 5,000 hits.  I finally found the chimena on Simplan-X.  I'm still searching for the others.

Angie
declandabest
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 01:22:12 pm »

i'm sorry angayle, but occasionally our staff add the wrong links to layouts, you have to understand that we have several finds articles every issue, along with everything else in the mag and so making mistakes is inevitable. Mac spent a good 20 hours getting this issue up and running for our readers. We'll fix it as soon as possible Smiley
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:26:50 pm by Declan » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
fayriesakura
New Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 01:55:26 pm »

The issue looks fantastic, as always excited However, there's a page missing of the "Change the price of an object using SimPE" tutorial, by Adalita. It only shows steps three to five, while the next page shows steps five to eight; the page after that is the "How to make a pier" tutorial. Just thought I'd give a head's up, thanks for all the lovely issues so far ♥
macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 02:02:16 pm »

Glad you like the issue - I so love to hear you people's feedback.

Oh sorry about that - I will figure out how to fix that - I wanna do a bit of recolouring and then I will fix it. Thanks for reporting things that don't work - with 220 pages it can be hard to remember to test everything

Chef editor • Photographer • graphic design • Sims 3 • I try to use British spelling
My blog and my Sims site
K-Katherine
Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 02:34:17 pm »

this issue was wonderful a lot of tips which helps a lot ya all have done a wonderful job OK OK OK
Ankuuh
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 03:03:10 pm »

I really like the new Issue. I was really happy with the how to make bridges, I was wondering that for ages and now thanks to you  I know !

Staffer. Photographer.
Sims 2 | Sims 3
MissCurious
Trial Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 03:17:38 am »

My admiration: This issue is amazing (again)!
Everytime I thought "this is the most fantastic article ever", I turned the page and there was an article as amazing as the others!
I think I found most inspiration in this issue, which doesn't mean the other issues aren't that good (not at all!) but only makes clear how awesome this issue is!

Great articles and stunning pictures! You can all be very proud of yourself to be part of this quality magazine. Thank you so much!

I agree on what's said about the mall, I guess it's not available for download anywhere?  Grin
Lilymayrose
Trial Subscriber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 03:42:53 am »

I wait with baited breath for every single issue of the magazine, and this one was just as fantastic as previous issues . I loved the 'Luxury' theme throughout and the interviews with creators, most especially Phoenix Phaeire - I doubt there are many people left who don't have something of hers in their game. The adverts were really special too. If I could physically buy this magazine and leaf through it, turning down the corner of pages on favourite articles and occasionally shouting at anyone who touched it without my express permission... I'd be a happy piggy

I'm a puddlejumper.....so stand clear or get wet.

bergstrand90
Trial Subscriber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 03:13:18 pm »

It's a stunning issue! I love everything about it! Great tutorials and gorgeous ads!  OK
arlet
Trial Subscriber

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 02:39:01 am »

You have done it again!!

Congratulations, I did not read all the articles yet, but I admire your dedication. So much to learn!! Thank you again.

You can trust on bad people, they never change.
lmhwjs
Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 08:35:59 am »

Wow, this issue was massive! And I loved it, took me most of my afternoon yesterday and a bit of this morning to go through it all! The pictures from staff were amazing this issue, they all sort of 'glowed' they looked very rich. My favourite issue so far Smiley

airforcegirl
Trial Subscriber

You can call me Ashley

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 08:22:25 pm »

On page 5 you actually linked the ad for Fresh Prince's television to the Great Aussie Bathroom. I think you meant to put this link instead.  Grin Love the issue!

macthekat
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 02:53:40 am »

Your right... I better fix that while I remembers

My blog and my Sims site
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: