LivingSims Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:33:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Please read before posting - updated: 11/9 2009

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please read before posting - updated: 11/9 2009  (Read 867 times)
lpvinyl21
Free Lancer

Call me Linda

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2008, 08:03:28 pm »

Do Not Hotlink!:
Use your own account at a free image hosting site such as Photobucket, Imageshack or other image hosting sites.
Mac has a tutorial on how to upload pictures to websites without hotlinking HERE

Use Descriptive Titles:
A thread title should describe in a few words what you are looking for, so people can judge by your thread title if they are be able to help you or not.
Examples of bad thread titles:  Help!!!!, WCIF, I need this now!!!!, Many objects
Examples of good thread titles: Modern objects, From LPs pictures in the colour challenge

NB: titles may not include "WCIF" - it unnecessary as all topics in this section are "where can I find" topics, so please do not include WCIF in your topic titles.

Be specific:
If you post a new WCIF, do not just say "I want everything from that pic." Tell us what exactly you would like to find.
Ask for no more then 10 objects, please.

Provide Pics Whenever Possible:
It would be very helpful if you can post a picture of what you're looking for.
If you can't post a picture please be as descriptive as possible. If you are as detailed about what you're looking for as possible, chances are people will be able to help you find what you're looking for faster.
Please give people credit then you show their pictures - a quick note like Picture by Declan, will make him happy and let other people know who did the room

Hijaking:
If you need something from a picture posted in a topic, feel free to hijack the topic and ask for the objects you need.

Helping/Finding:
If you know where to locate an item, please try to provide a link, and whenever possible a direct link would be best.
Saying, I think I saw it on Reflex or something really is not helpful, so if you can’t give a link please give enough directions to find the item.
Also keep in mind when answering a WCIF everyone may not know what acronyms mean for sites or what their addresses are.

Pay Content:
Please link to the original creators when answering a WCIF. 

Only build/buy content
Please only ask for build/buy content - if you are looking for body-shop content please ask on another site

Mark sims 3 wcifs TS3
Please make sure to mark any where can I find's for The Sims 3 - TS3 in the title line, so people can easily see that it is a question for the sims 3 and not sims 2.

Be Patience
Give people time to find and answer your WCIF. If nobody response it is properly because nobody knows where to find what you are looking for. Try to provide more info on what you are looking for. If it is clear that we can not help you, try asking your wcif on BlackPearl or Sims Cave, they are normally very quick and good at finding things.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 04:51:49 am by macthekat » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Writer, photographer

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: