LivingSims Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:11:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow the Where can I Find rules, or your post will be deleted! Read the rules: here

Home   Forum   Help Search Links Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Rules of the magazine finds - Updated 11/9 09

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rules of the magazine finds - Updated 11/9 09  (Read 6720 times)
lpvinyl21
Free Lancer

Call me Linda

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2008, 07:57:35 pm »

Do Not Hotlink!:
Use your own account at a free image hosting site such as Photobucket, Imageshack or other image hosting sites.
Mac has a tutorial on how to upload pictures to websites without hotlinking HERE

A new article = a new topic:
In the magazine WCIF each article should have it's own thread - it makes it easier for others to find things from the same article - people might not even have to ask for the same object twice! Make sure to name the topic properly. All wcif's for that article should be posted in the same topic
Ex: Issue X: Water dream home
This also means that you should post your own wcif in the existing topic if it is already there for the article - so feel free to hijack a topic for your own wcif as long as they are about the same article.
If you need to find things from two article, then you need to post them in two topics

Provide a link to what you are looking for
Please link the page where you have seen the item you are looking for.

Be specific:
If you post a new WCIF, do not just say "I want everything from that pic." Tell us what exactly you would like to find.
Ask for no more then 10 objects, please.

Helping/Finding:
If you know where to locate an item, please try to provide a link, and whenever possible a direct link would be best.
Saying, I think I saw it on Reflex or something really is not helpful, so if you can’t give a link please give enough directions to find the item.
Also keep in mind when answering a WCIF everyone may not know what acronyms mean for sites or what their addresses are.

Pay Content:
Please link to the original creators when answering a WCIF. 

Only build/buy content
Please only ask for build/buy content - if you are looking for body-shop content please ask on another site

Mark sims 3 wcifs TS3
Please make sure to mark any where can I find's for The Sims 3 - TS3 in the title line, so people can easily see that it is a question for the sims 3 and not sims 2.

Be Patience
Give people time to find and answer your WCIF. If nobody response it is properly because nobody knows where to find what you are looking for. Try to provide more info on what you are looking for. If it is clear that we can not help you, try asking your wcif on BlackPearl or Sims Cave, they are normally very quick and good at finding things.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 04:55:00 am by macthekat » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Writer, photographer

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: